1. What type of memory is used to store programs and data within the computer?
The type of memory that is used to store programs and data within the computer is the Register.
2. Describe two differences between RAM and ROM.
RAM (Random Access Memory) is the temporary memory that the computer uses to perform its functions. When you shut off your computer, that information is gone.
ROM (Read Only Memory) an example of ROM is the program that you computer uses to reboot.
3. Describe one use for ROM and one use for RAM within a computer system.
RAM holds application programs from input devices/backing storage.
ROM has contents which is fixed when the chip is manufactured.
4. Give one advantage of using ROM instead of RAM within a computer system.
RAM write to ram at any time, and the erase the ram at any time an rewrite” over it.
ROM once it is written” to, it will be there forever.
5. Explain how main memory is organised.
Mian Memory consists of Storage locations which are identified by unique locations. Each storage location holds one word. 8 bit computer holds 8 bits in a storage location. 16 bit computer holds 16 bits in a storage location.
6. What is the word size of a computer system?
Commonly 32-bit or “64-bit computer.